INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
– Identify the horn bud (in calves 4-6 days old, it can be felt as a small swelling under the skin in the region of the horns).
– Immobilise the calf.
– Use scissors to cut the skin near the bud and the surrounding area.
– Apply a layer of BOVI DEHORNING PASTE using a wooden spatula or finger protected by a suitable glove, creating a patch on top of the point where the horn appears.
– Wait 30-40 seconds to allow the paste to penetrate deep-down. No further treatment is necessary; dehorning is complete.
– Keep treated animals away from the others for about 6 hours. Do not treat animals outside if it is raining (the product may run into the animal’s eyes, damaging them).